Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A response to Netflix changes.

I am not a vengeful or I hope...a rude person, but I have become increasingly dissatisfied with Netflix's community oriented services. For the past year or so it has become very difficult to use many of the features of note sending to other members, list making, and communication within the main Netflix site. As a sometime apologist for Netflix, I understand the huge popularity of sharing notes and reviews within the site may make it hard to manage and maintain a consistently working site and still maintain the bottom line....and let's face it, we all like to eat and maybe send our kids to college some day.

But Netflix has proven itself to be rather high handed in making major changes, taking away beloved perks on the site, and then remains silent in the face of such a public outcry throughout the community. Instead of cursing the darkness, I would rather light a candle...shifting my movie reviews, notes, and discussions to this blog....and encouraging others to do so as well. So if you have enjoyed discussing film or reading my reviews in the past, please join and engage me here on my film blog site: http://threviews.blogspot.com/.

And here's to our common love, Film!!!
TH Reviews
Tom Hehenberger

No comments: